12.30.2011

Uniqueness; A gift from God

Do you ever have the feeling that you are not being who God made you to be? Not being yourself; not being unique. Of course, one doesn't fulfill their full potential that the Lord has for them. Not ever. We are human. So weak and changeable. But each on of us is unique. Just like a snowflake. Or a kernel of popcorn.

The Lord made us in His image.  

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

u·nique (y-nk)


1. Being the only one of its kind:
2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

But so often in this world, we get distracted; we try to copy what others are doing; what the world sees are 'stylish' or 'neat'. When all the Lord wants us to do, is focus on Him. To use our different talents and gifts to please and honor Him. To be who we were made to be. I have found, over the past months, that I am trying to do what the world finds 'neat'; trying to fit in; envying others abilities and gifts; not striving to be who the Lord made me to be. 

So, I am going to strive to be myself; to serve Him, and strive to honor Him first in my life. (A New Year's resolution, if you will...) He is the Everlasting Father; He loves us more than we will ever know. Enough that He would send His only Son to die for us, that we might live forever with Him. I know I cannot do anything without His strength... *but with God, nothing shall be impossible!*

*Luke 1:37 KJV 

Be yourself! Be who God made you! Don't try to conform to the patterns of this world; to fit in. Sometimes I think I am uncomfortable with being different... standing out. We are to be different! To be lights for our dear Lord and savior, Jesus Christ. I pray that He will ever make me more like Him and I am going to strive - with His help- to be who He wants me to be. May the Lord ever be at work in our lives... 

Resting in Him,

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Mikailah, and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was wonderful! A beautiful reminder. Thanks for sharing.

    P.S. I love the new header. It's gorgeous♥

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mikailah!

    I want to thank you both for all the lovely comments that you placed this year on my blog. That's very special to me. So far away - across the ocean - yet the same Saviour to praise. Great!

    In my language the word 'unique' sound the same as in your language.
    Just you write it differently. I write is so: uniek.

    I wish you, your family and all the readers from your beautiful blog a Happy New Year!

    Psalm 121

    The time here is 0:00. It's 31-12 now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post Mikailah! I think I do that sometimes too, wanting to conform or at least not stand out. This was a great reminder for me. I shall embrace my unique self. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I love your blog! It's really cute! :)
    www.radiant-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥