1.25.2012

Another Nature Walk/Photo Contest

In my last post, I shared that I had a few more posts to do before I was all caught up on my vacation photos! :) So, this is one of the last ones. I think I have 2 more. :) Anyway, my Mummy has always taken walks; with or without her children {us}. But now that we are grown up enough, we always go. And just because we were 7 states away from home, doesn't mean we get to miss out. :) 

So, we were staying with one of mom's old 'girl friends' while we were there, and she has a lake on her property!!! :) I can dream.... Anyway, we took a walk back there one day, and I got some pictures of the {beautiful} scenery.

I edited this one in Picasa {below}; I really like how it turned out. :)
 Before...
 After... ^ {Linking up with Kelsey's photo challenge}
An old covered bridge... 
Scriptures stapled to trees around the lake... 
The blue sky... 
F.A.L.L reflected in the water...
 My beautiful mommy... <3

It was a lovely time; at those times I feel as if there isn't a care in the world. How GREAT our God truly is; to put all this on earth... just because He can.  It reminds me of these verses:

My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever.
Psalm 145:21

and...

My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.
Psalm 71:8

How great is our God; and how He loves us!  :)
May His love fill your day with peace....

Many blessings~

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Mikailah! I almost felt like I was there with you. :) You must have really enjoyed your walk in such a lovely place. And what a neat idea to have Scripture verses up on the trees . . . they would be good reminders whenever one would come across them.

    The verses that you concluded this post with fit well . . . indeed, praise His name! Not only does His creation give praise and glory to Him, but we His children have the blessed privilege of praising His name as well. And He is worthy of all of our praise!

    Thank you for sharing, Mikailah, and I hope that you have a blessed rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographs are amazing!

    I have enjoyed reading your blog so far!

    Blessings,
    Kianna Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nature walk photos, and these are fantastic! Thanks for entering. :)
    have a lovely day! xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great pictures and what a beautiful lake! I love the laminated verses on the trees. Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that bridge. Thank you for sharing... I always love photos of lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your photos! You're becoming an amazing photographer. And what a beautiful shot of your mom!

    I also loved that there were scriptures on the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mikailah! :)

    Sorry, I've been so long from coming and visiting. :(

    These are very pretty pictures. Mama looked at them with me and enjoyed them too. :)

    Thanks for sharing and may Jesus bless you!

    in Him;
    April

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah,

    It was indeed very beautiful! :) I thought the scriptures were very neat! And such a neat idea. It is such a wonderful reminder to praise the Lord for all His creations. :)

    Thank you for your sweet comments. :) They are a joy to read.

    May Jesus bless you!

    In Him,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kianna Rose;


    Thank you for your sweet comment! :) I am glad that you are enjoying my blog; I pray you are blessed by what you see. ;)

    In Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Kelsey. :) I enjoy entering your photo challenges. :)

    Blessings,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Gabrielle! :)

    I thought the verses where very neat! :) It was really amazing to see those on the trees; because nobody visits the lake very often. :)

    May Jesus bless you!
    ~Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carra,

    Thank you for your comment. :) I really liked the neat bridge! It was very rustic and old looking. Nature walks are such a blessing.

    May Jesus bless you!

    Love in Him,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grumpy Grateful Mom;

    I am glad you are enjoying the pictures. :) Photography is such a joy to play with; My Dad is an amazing photographer, and he has taught me a lot. <3

    Thank you for your sweet comments!

    In Him,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  14. April,

    Thank you for your sweet comments. ;) Oh, do not trouble yourself. I know you have been busy.

    I am glad you enjoyed the pictures, and were able to share them with your mother. :) I hope they blessed you!

    Love in Him,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! That second to last photo is simply amazing! <3 All of them are really pretty! :)

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! I love love LOVE that picture of the lake with the yellow trees- it is breathtaking! All of them are just gorgeous, Mikailah.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥