1.18.2012

cream cheese mints......

In the past week, I and my sisters have made 2 yummy desserts that I wanted to share with y'all. :) But, for time sake (and for my readers sake!) I will only do one this time...

So....... introducing.... Cream Cheese Mints! :)

Normally we just make these around Christmas, but when we went down to visit with family for New Years, we took the rest of the cream cheese mints and they went pretty fast. :) So we decided to make some more. 

RECIPE:

-1 {one} 8 oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese 
-2 teaspoons peppermint extract
-about 1 {one} 2 lb. bag of powdered sugar

Set cream cheese out for about 10 minute before you are ready to make the mints, to soften it. Mix cream cheese and peppermint extract in bosh or with electric mixer. 

{If you don't have a bosh, or an electric mixer it will take a LONG time to mix the powder sugar in, but it is possible. :) If you use an electric mixer you have to add a little bit of powder sugar at a time, because it will 'pouf' everywhere! I know from experience... :P}

Mix in powder sugar until the 'dough' is not sticky when you touch it. You don't want it too dry, but it cannot be sticky. Then roll into nickel size balls, roll in granulated sugar, and press with a fork, or into molds. We use the rose molds... but if you do use molds, be generous with the white sugar, or they will stick. :)

Place on cookie sheet covered in wax paper. DO NOT REMOVE FROM SHEET OR STACK MINTS UNTIL THEY ARE FIRM. (They don't get really hard, but firm to the touch.)

Place in the refrigerator (if you have room!) or the freezer. We don't have room in either, so we put ours in the garage. We only make them at winter, most of the time, so it is cool enough. You can also freeze these... for up to 4-5 months. :) They are good frozen too. 

(You don't have to cover them while they are hardening, but once they are ready, you should put them in a airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer. )

Once firm, remove from... cold place... :) and enjoy!! :)


Makes 50-60 mints.







Which way do you like the mints pressed? :) 

I hope you enjoy these making and eating these mints as much as we do. :) You can also color them with food dye... although we didn't this time. 

Have a blessed afternoon! :)

P.S. This is a great 'craft' to do with children! :) Although, keep in mind, these mints are EXTREMELY sweet. :) Have fun!

13 comments:

  1. Those mints look not only delicious, but beautiful, Mikailah! And just looking at the photos is making me want to make mints again . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I tagged you on my blog! :D
    http://www.monsmons97.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-tagged-dd.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister makes those for our friends weddings -- oh so yummy! yours are pretty. She has leaf molds too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those mints! Though I've never made them myself before.

    The flower on top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE desserts like this! Share more! =) I absolutely adore the flower mint. I can almost taste it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember doing these last year for Christmas :) They were gooood :) The rose one is the prettiest, though from my experience, they hardest to get out of the mold ;)
    Oh well, they all taste the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,
    They are delicious! :) The molds are so enjoyable to experiment with. :) Thank you for your sweet comments. They always bless me.

    Love in Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charis,
    Oh! How neat... the leaf molds would be very pretty too! They are indeed yummy! ;)

    Blessings in Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jedidja,

    They are delicious! :) Thank you for your comments on my posts; they are such a joy to read. :)

    In Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grumpy Grateful Mom,

    You might want to try them! :) They are so yummy. Then again, maybe not, with your brood. You might be asking for stomach aches. ;)

    Many blessings,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lily Marie,

    Those are probably my favorite desserts. :) Small, simple and delicious. I have more recipe posts for the next week. ;)

    Blessings,
    Mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trinka,

    They are pretty! :) But if you don't use enough white sugar to roll them in, they don't come out of the molds. Hard lesson. ;) But yes, they all taste delicious.

    Blessings,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥