2.01.2012

chocolate + pumpkin = YUM!

That ^ is the picture of pure yumminess. :)

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie!

with chocolate... :) 


Doesn't that just look delicious?!?!?! :) It was.

Do y'all want the recipe? If you had tasted it, I know you would. So, here it is. :)

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie

*1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream

*1. cup canned pumpkin

*1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

*1 Tablespoon orange juice

*1/2 teaspoon ginger

*1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 

*1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

**9 inch graham cracker crust (homemade or store-bought)

(*Optional; Add one-and-a-half cups walnuts and from one TO one-and-a-half cups of chocolate chips. :))

Place ice cream in large bowl; cut up and allow to soften. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, orange juice, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon by hand, or using an electric mixer. (If by hand, mix WELL.) Add to the softened ice cream and mix well. Spoon into graham cracker crust. Freeze until firm. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired. Serves 8. 


We made this a couple weeks ago, and we enjoyed it immensely. I hope you do too! :) 

*Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book 3.*



By the way, I am sorry this post is late... I don't know why blogger was acting up like it did. :) Thankfully it is worked out now. 

Have a blessed day, my friends! :)

Oh, and Happy first-day-of-February, everyone!! :)


10 comments:

  1. Oh my word!! That looks soo delicious!!! Sorry it has taken me soo long to respond to your email it will be on its way soon :)

    Love,
    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! My Daddy loves pumpkin pies so this one is going to have to go into our family recipe box ;-)

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious!!! I def. have to try this. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm.... that's not fair, Mikailah. You mustn't make me hungry at this time of night! ;)

    Looks yummy, Mikailah. I like the recipe. I've looked for ice cream pie recipes and I always find them with chocolate base... I like the chocolate drizzle, but I love the graham cracker for the crust in y'all's recipe. That way the chocolate is just "adding" to the recipe, and not taking over!

    Thanks again, will have to try soon!

    In our Lord Jesus,
    Carra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Thank you so much for all the sweet note on my blog, dear! My little garden 'twould not be quite the same without you. ;)

    Love always,
    Grace
    tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have to have FB or twitter, twitter is easiest, and I deleted mine after I joined pinterest:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious Mikailah! :)

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    May Jesus bless you!

    In Him;
    April

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pumpkin pie and this recipe looks yummy!!

    ~Morgan from Girlish PONDERINGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're gonna get fat, that's the way to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥