2.08.2012

Whatsoever things....


Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

--Philippians 4:8



Whatsoever things...

Are true...

....Are honest...

...Are just...

....Are pure....

...Are lovely...

...Are of good report...

THINK ON THESE THINGS....

Lately I have been thinking of this scripture more and more; American culture today is SO shallow. Where is the sincerity? The honesty? The truthfulness? Even if our lips are truthful, are our actions? The bible tells us so think on these things; things that are Godly and pure. Things...

...like the word of God; 

and sweet baby smiles;

and flowers...


But how often do we think of things that aren't pure; and lovely; and honest; and just? How often do we; I fail? So often....

Lord, make my heart pure; make it more like yours!! Help my thoughts be on Philippians 4:8, and always on You. Give me the strength to stand against the wiles of the enemy (Ephesians 6:10-18) and to stay strong in your will, and what is truly of You. 

Let us all strive to think more on things that are lovely; and true; and pure; and just! And to ask the Lord to help us to "demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5 

Make me more like You, Lord.
That is the cry of my heart; and will be, forever. 
Make me like You. 
Always, more like YOU, Lord.




8 comments:

  1. Wait. I just posted a photo challenge on this verse! That's so neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for this reminder. There is a song by The Burn Band called "All From You" and they sing from this verse and it is so beautiful, you have to try and hear it! I find I must catch myself so many times during the day...keep my thoughts in line God! And He is faithful to forgive and help us soldier on.

    Jeanine :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good post. This is a really special verse. When I was younger my mom had me memorize it.

    BTW: I am having a photo contest at my blog. Hope you can enter.
    http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ~Godsgirlz1~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you honey! Just what I needed! Your post was beautiful and encouraging...just like you!! I love you!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eloquently written. I loved that first verse you shared. I've actually been thinking a lot about this over the past week. Always working to do better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mikailah,
    This is so true, modern culture is corrupting even the purest things in life. You've definitely got a talent for writing, use it for His glory. (as I see you already have!)
    In Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are beautiful and the words even more so! I love posts like this. Love your writing style. ;) How true and encouraging to set our affection on things above. (not to preach here of course. I'm talking to myself.)
    -Lily-

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lovely post! :) Your blog design is fine! I really like it!

    Love ~*Chantelle*~

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥