3.24.2012

feel the wind in my hair.


I stepped outside, my camera in my hand and breathed deeply. Many smells waft to my nose; the smell of dirt, the smell of apricot blossoms, the smell of water dripping. The wind blows my hair in my face; for once I do not mind. Feel the wind. Smell the flowers. 


A slight breeze reminds me of the promise of summer; so different from the usual [seeming] hurricane force winds that assault us in the spring. Bees buzz through the air, gathering nectar. Butterflies flit here and there on the soft air currants, and robins chirp happily. See the creatures. 

Sometimes I cannot stand living in Arizona; mostly in the spring. Because of the wind. But this spring, the weather is so beautiful... so unlike the past spring, when the wind blew into the middle of June. 

How thankful we should be. For all the little things. Being able to see the sun, animals, flowers. To hear the birds chirping, the wind whistling softly. The smell the freshly turned dirt, and sweet blossoms. The feel the rough tree bark beneath my bare feet, and the sun on my face. 

I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
--Psalm 34:1-3 

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog design... it is really lovely! Oooh, and the photographs of spring are just pure lovely. What camera do you use? This is a lovely verse, thank you for sharing!

    P.S. we've got autumn where I live =D.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥