4.08.2012

Jesus is ALIVE!

1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?”
4But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. 5As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.
6“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him."
~Mark 16:1-6





He is Alive!
by Don Francisco

The gates and doors were barred
And all the windows fastened down,
I spent the night in sleeplessness
And rose at every sound.
Half in hopeless sorrow
And half in fear the day
Would find the soldiers breaking through
To drag us all away.

And just before the sunrise
I heard something at the wall.
The gate began to rattle
And a voice began to call.
I hurried to the window,
Looked down into the street
Expecting swords and torches
And the sound of soldiers' feet.

There was no one there but Mary,
So I went down to let her in,
And John stood there beside me
As she told us where she'd been.
She said, "They've moved Him in the night
And none of us knows where.
The stone's been rolled away
And now His body isn't there."

We both ran toward the garden,
Then John ran on ahead.
We found the stone and the empty tomb
Just the way that Mary said.
But the winding sheet they wrapped Him in
Was just an empty shell
And how or where they'd taken Him
Was more than I could tell.

Well something strange had happened there,
Just what I did not know....
John believed a miracle, but
I just turned to go.
Circumstance and speculation
Couldn't life me very high,
'Cause I'd seen them crucify Him...
Then I saw Him die.

And back inside the house again
The guilt and anguish came.
Everything I'd promised Him
Just added to my shame.
When at last it came to choices,
I'd denied I know His name.
And even if He was alive
It wouldn't be the same.

Suddenly the air was filled
With strange and sweet perfume.
Light that came from everywhere
Drove shadows from the room.
Jesus stood before me
With His arms held open wide.
And I fell down on my knees,
And just clung to Him and cried.

He raised me to my feet,
And as I looked into His eyes
Love was shining out from Him
Like sunlight from the skies.
My guilt and my confusion
Disappeared in sweet release.
And every fear I'd ever had
Just melted into peace.

(Chorus)

He's alive! He's Alive!
He's alive and I'm forgiven
Heaven's gates are open wide!

He's alive! He's alive! He's alive!

****************************

Suffering and dying on the cross.

Every lash of the whip. For me.

Every step He took. For me.

Every time He felt that  terrible pain on the cross. For me.

For you. 

But He isn't in that tomb. He isn't wrapped in the burial clothe. He is ALIVE! Praise the LORD!! He is alive. Sitting at the right Hand of God, interceding for us. Praise His name.

Thank you, Lord. For your indescribable love. 

Happy Resurrection Day!
(Oh, around here, we don't say Happy Easter. We say.... ^ :)

May He bless your day, my friends!

xoxo,
Mikailah

1 comment:

  1. It was a blessing to see you share this song as well on your blog, Mikailah! Happy Resurrection Day to you too!

    In His love,
    ~Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥