4.12.2012

me, myself & I.

This blog post is going to be about me. Now, that sounds rather bad; don't get me wrong. I want all that I do to reflect and honor Jesus; to bring glory to His name, as well as provide encouraging and amusing reading, and photography. But we are human; we change with the times; "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". If we admire something another person does, odds are, we want to try to be just like them. If other people admire what another person does, we want to try to gain their admiration by being (yes), a copy-cat. 

I am guilty of it.


But I don't want to be a copy-cat. I want to be who God made me to be, and hope that others will respect me for who I am; and not who I have appeared to be. In the past, some of my posts have been rather quick; thrown together; copying something I may have seen, or read. Ideas aren't bad! I like getting ideas; inspiration. As long as seeing who others are, doesn't change you. I want all my posts to be inspired of the Lord; even if they are light-hearted, funny, sober, etc. I want everything I do to reflect Him to the world.

So, here are some particulars about me; not what I look like, or ideas I have, or 'smart' things I have read, but what I feel. Who I am.

*I am a young lady who loves the Lord with all my heart. I long to please and honor Him in everything I do. I love reading the Bible; Psalms in probably my favorite book in the bible; that and 1 Corinthians. 

*I am extremely tender hearted. If any of God's creatures is suffering, I can't stand it. I hate leaving home, even to go on vacation, for fear that something might happen to 'my' animals. Animals aren't just "animals". They are my friends; one's who understand and sympathize. :)


*Most of the time, I feel more than I show. I am not very good at expressing my feelings. I see a lot. I can define people's feelings from their expressions... I don't know how. I know the Lord is helping me with being sensitive; realizing other's feelings, and trying to act on what I see. But I have been told that I am very perceptive; and sensitive. 

*I have an uncommonly strange sense of humor; which I must have gotten from my dad. ;) Things that we think are funny, some people would just sit there and stare blankly about. Yeah. Daddy calls it the "LeFevre" sense of humor. :)

*I love reading; writing; words. I use to write stories when I was about 7. They weren't very good, I must admit, but I sure did like doing it. :) Most of them were HUGE families... most had 15-19 children. Lol. I like naming the children, deciding what they looked like, and giving them ages the most, I think.


*I am kind of a loner. I would much rather be alone; especially outside. Peace and quiet. Of course, growing up in a family of 9 children really helped me appreciate the beauty of silence; since there was so little of it! :) I do enjoy visiting with others, though. :) Chatting, laughing, walking... I like doing those things with people too. :)

*I like being in jeans, and t-shirts; sometimes; but I like skirts a lot too; more and more, actually. They kind of grow on you. :) There is just something delightfully graceful and feminine about skirts. Which, is kind of the point, I suppose. :)

*I have a strong sense of Justice. If someone (or myself) is being unjustly treated, I get pretty flustered. I have always tried to stand up for the weaker people; mentally handicapped, etc... being in public school (which I was for about a year-and-a-half) really opened my eyes to the injustice and mockery people that are different receive. If you don't fit into certain groups, you aren't accepted. Something the Lord has been impressing on my mind; We are all people. We are all loved by God. Even when we stray, and sin. He still loves us. He loves the one's who are wandering; lost in sin. We are equals. Created in His image. 

*I love music. Really, love it. :) I play violin, piano, and guitar. My family loves playing music in the evenings. I use to just play. I didn't like it; I didn't enjoy it. I just did, because people said I had a gift. I never believed them. When I started believing them, I wanted to keep it to myself. I do not like preforming in front of people. I would dread it; imagining everything that could go wrong. But if God gave me the gift, surely He would want me to share it! Being humble; giving Him the praise. :) So, I have learned to love music. Hardly a day passes when we are not playing one instrument, or another.


That is just a quick view of who I am; just the beginning; I could never even describe all that I am, because I don't understand myself, but I am going to strive to BE that person; who God made me. So, I propose a challenge! A Be Yourself Challenge. When you feel that you are not being yourself; copying others; STOP. Re-think who you are; who God created you to be, and strive to be that person! :)

So, I ask you. Are you being yourself? The person God created you to be? The one designed in His image; with your own personality; your own thoughts; your own unique feelings. Please pray for me, that I may be all that God wants me to be; to be myself; a vessel ready to serve Him in my own, unique, funny ways. :)

P.S. There are thoughts of a giveaway floating around in my brain... any eager faces out there? ;)

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Especially the part where you said you made your books have a lot of kids in it =). Thanks for the encouraging post!

    P.S. I play the piano and am learning to play the Irish whistle.

    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing Mikailah! I love learning more about my "blog sisters" :) lives! blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. Great encouragement to be the person God created us to be! Love the giveway idea! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful post! It is so nice to see you open up your heart and share yourself with all of us. You are a wonderful and beautiful young lady and I love you just exactly like you are! Dad

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥