4.25.2012

sun steeped tea \\ sun tea

 
That above there, is sun tea. What is that, you ask? Tea, steeped in cool water, set in the sun. 
Yes. This is a favorite drink in the hot days of summer; of which-- are already beginning. It's easy. And fun. And lastly, delicious cool and refreshing. There isn't anything as enjoyable in the hot summer --or spring-- days as sitting on the porch with a tall, frosty glass of iced tea in your hand. 

You'll need:
1 gallon jar
5 tea bags--per gallon
a gallon of water
sunny day

Set it in the sun, someplace -- we put ours on the trampoline because the black mat attracts the sun, (Little science lesson, alright?)-- and wait for 2-4 hours. Then pour over ice, or cool in the refrigerator and drink your refreshing tea. 

Blessings!
xo,
-mikailah 

10 comments:

  1. ooo! That looks so delicious and refreshing... thank you for sharing!

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun tea is the best! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you can see the tea streaming out of the bag on the first picture! You are a very creative photographer! Love You!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. *GASP!* I've never heard of anything like that, and you so inspired me! I can't wait to try, and thank you for sharing, Mikailah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mikailah!! Just wanted to let you know- I'm already a follower of your lovely blog! Though I haven't had much time to comment this busy semester. ;) But expect more of me- and thanks for following!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in Tennessee sweet tea is almost as common as water!=) Thanks for this recpie!

    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make this all the time in summer! It's the best, isn't it?

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious...does it taste different than normal tea? I just might try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love me some sweet tea:) I know my mom would really like to make a lot of sweet tea this summer!

    Kianna Rose

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥