5.06.2012

COUNTRY GIRL


 I am a country girl at heart. :) There is nothing I like better than riding a horse at top-speed across a field; a nest filled with eggs; homegrown veggies; rough, barn lumber, and more especially, the animals. I just love watching the little chicks scratching in the dirt, pretending to be grown up. It always makes me smile. Always. Even if I'm in a bad mood, the animals God created are like rays of sunshine, brightening my way.

I always go barefoot. ;) Unless I am going to town, or to a friend's house, or church, of course. I love the feel of the dirt between my toes, and the sun on my feet. And if we are really blessed, I might have MUD to dig my toes in!!

--------------------------------------------- 

How marvelous and complex everything in the earth is.  It just amazes me. A tiny cell has so many parts; so many important and vital functions. Having a 'farm', as we call it, really opens ones eyes to the marvelous creations of God. How does a chicken know to scratch in the dirt, the first time it's feet touch it? Who tells the bees how to make honey, and when to swarm? It is so complex, and wonderful. It reminds me of this verse;

For the director of music. A psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. --Psalm 19:1 NIV

Have a wonderfully, blessed Sunday, y'all! Remember how special, and complex you are. ;)
xo,
Mikailah~

10 comments:

  1. Great pictures! My favorite was the second one. The flowers are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet reminder of how we should always be grateful. Lately I've been trying to be thankful everyday that winter is over and that signs of a beautiful spring have arrived!

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too will join you in love for the country... the fresh air, sunshine, breeze, and dirt beneath by barefoot toes... {For if barefoot is the way God created us, why should we change things around? hehe!} There are indeed so many delightful aspects of creation that fills us with joy... I actually started laughing out loud when I saw our rabit indulge in a strawberry, making its' mouth all red! Laughing out loud, I realized what a blessing the simple things of life are!

    May the Lord bless your day, and fill your week with joy!

    Blessings,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour love<3 I adore your blog!! Thanks for following me =) lovely post!

    Je t'aime (I love you),
    Julianna Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes.... I relate! :-) I'm a "country girl at heart" also! There is NOTHING I like better than walking barefoot in the grass. Well, maybe riding horses. And hatching our own chicks. I could go on.
    After reading this blog post I realized how much we have in common! lol
    I just stumbled across your blog and I just love it!

    Lizzy
    www.lizziebutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chikens! My neighbors have ten, and I love to stroke my favorite hen as I carry her around the yard until she falls asleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The countryside is a blessing to get away from the hustle of the city life. It's great you can get away from it and love every minute of being there. I love horses but I don't know how to ride one by myself! I love your photos :)
    Followed your blog, hope you can do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your lovely blog is a breath of fresh air!
    I love what you focus on. Its truly on the important things in life. Thanks for reminding me of that :)
    Its amazing how perfect God has made His creation. Its amazing to think people can try and deny His existence. All we have to do is look around at the wonder surrounding us and realize His presence.
    Anyway, I'm definitely a new follower of your blog girl!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the first photograph:)

    http://kiannaskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello fellow country girl! :) I LOVE going barefoot. There's nothing better than feeling burning hot sand under your feet. :) And I have some pretty tough feet now, too. LOL.

    thank you for all your comments on my blog! I LOVE reading them!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥