5.14.2012

one year.

One year. Wow. I cannot believe it. It has been ONE year since I started this blog. Sheesh. Where does time go? I remember sitting on the couch in the living room, with Mom's little laptop, and signing up to start a blog. How little I knew about the whole blogging thing! And how little I still know... I am really wanting to learn all the "pro" blog design info, so I can make my little blog more professional looking. I am saving up for my first DSLR camera. My photography technique has changed so much in the past 12 months; I am much more into B&W now. ;) My posts are a little different; my blog is definitely "prettier" looking now; and I have made many new, and wonderfully sweet friends. 

But I'm still me. 

The same tall, goofy, barefoot country girl, who loves my family, any animal, and the Lord. 

But I'm not exactly same; not like I use to be. I've grown... I'm always changing; maturing, learning. This year has been a wonderful experience for me. And I am looking forward to many more such years, with all y'all. ;) And, just so you know, thoughts for a giveaway are getting closer. I am thinking, and thinking, and thinking about a giveaway. And it will happen, one of these days. 

But for now, Happy Monday! And all you dear followers are very special to me. :) All 89 of you. 

xo,
Mikailah~ 

ps-- New blog design on the way! ;)

14 comments:

  1. That is one of the prettier photo's I've seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saving up for a DSLR too! Right now I'm "coping" with my canon powershot, and making it eek out a few more months... :-)
    Love that photo!!! Black and White pictures are SO pretty.

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mikailah,
    Thank you for visiting Oak Hill Homestead, and happy blogiversary!
    Joyfully,
    Kathi
    http://oak-hill-homestead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary!!!!! I really enjoyed seeing how you've become better at blogging through this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday! ;) I love your blog...I visit often, and am determined to comment more. ;) Love your posts, dear! God bless you in all you do for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty picture sweetie! I think you have the photography bug! Actually I KNOW you have the photobug!!! Love you!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Genuine! But I also love the whole country girl thing... ooooo.... like "Genuine Farm Girl".
    BUT.... i love em' all, so you can't go wrong with any of them!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your blog birthday! We are constantly changing and when our blogs continue to grow in years, so do we in wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on blogging for a year!!
    Have a wonderful day!

    (Mikailah~ would you follow me? You don't have to if you don't feel like it)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on blogging for a year! And thanks for your sweet comment on my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mikailah~ I awarded you!! Please come recieve it!! Thank you and have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! :) I got your comment on my blog, and I came over here, but realized I was already following!! :D I KNEW I recognized your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you happen to know what kind of tree that is? It looks very much like a Honey Locust tree, like we have here in Kansas. =)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥