6.04.2012

summer delights


Summer has arrived. Not just a time of year, or freedom from school. But a time of sitting in the grass with a book; star spangled skies, water spraying in the front yard, and laughter floating on the breeze rich with the scent of warm hay and honeysuckle. A time for freedom, and imagination to take over, and inspire the thoughts of every one--summer is a glorious season; rich with imagination, and beauty, hard work and pleasure. Summer has come. Blue skies, birds singing, eighty degree temperatures and sunburned faces are the main scenery. 

And you know what? I'm ready. Ready to dip my toes in a stream... or climb a mountain with the dogs trailing along... or visit the park swings, letting my toes touch the sky... 

What are your summer delights? 

xo,
Mikailah

9 comments:

  1. I love watching bats and catching fireflies with my neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line "visit the park swings and let your toes touch the sky" That is a great description...it does feel like that. To visit your friend's pool and get caught up in games, come home with a tan, hoping capture the summer clouds and sunsets, watching siblings chase after fireflies, relax and read all I want and enjoy the nature and family God has given me. Icees and VBS on the side *wink* I love he first, second, eighth and tenth pictures :) Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!) Philippians 4:8

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is simply beautiful. I love every word of it. And I love the photos too! Summer is such a lovely time of year, and I'm ready for it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures!! Your kitty is so cute! :D
    Ice cream = delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mikailah! I awarded you over at my blog, Amazing Grace. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love just setting out in the sun and soaking it up, especially if there are friends and family to share it with and talk to! Great pics btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOO, summer!! That bug is crazy! And I really love the car photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Working the goats through milking season, getting ready for fall breeding, taking care of the garden, canning the harvest, making preserves, playing violin outside. :)

    I used to very much enjoy winter, but I believe summer has won as my favorite season. :)

    Thank you for this post.

    The Lord Jesus bless you, Mikailah!

    In His Love;
    April

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥