6.23.2012

where i've been

Now that is a subject for discussion. I have been on vacation. Yes, I'm terrible sorry I didn't let you all know I was leaving, but I don't like saying that "the whole family is going to be gone for a week" online, just because, ya know.*cough cough* Internet is kind of scary these days. :/ But anyway, I am back with a load of pictures, and heaps of inspiration. :)

My family and I went to Sedona, AZ where my Dad had a conference for his work, so the whole family tagged along! We left on Monday, and got back late Thursday evening. It was a wonderful time... swimming, swimming... and yes, more swimming! :) The weather was hot. Almost 105* most days, and dry heat. I am an Eastern girl, I guess you could say. The dry heat of Arizona really bothers me sometimes; but humidity and heat together (even though it makes my hair c.r.a.z.y), I like much better. 

Sedona is the area of the Red Rocks. Beautiful... (for rocks). I got quite a few pictures, so instead of trying to describe them, I'll let the pictures speak. ;) 


The drive was beautiful. Driving through Oak Creek Canyon huge trees bordered Oak Creek. In Arizona, "where there is water, things will grow". :) And how true it is! Away from the river, the mountains are dotted with rather scrubby pine trees, but by the river... *sigh* It looks like somewhere back East.

It was a lot of fun; swimming for 3 days straight, fries, smoothies and sunburn... yup. ;) We also had the chance to go downtown Sedona. It was really... touristy. :/ I am not a tourist fan, so we didn't stay too long, but I did get a chance to visit "Rollies Camera". I held my first DSLR! :) And I was scared stiff the whole time, holding a $1000 dollar camera. But it was exciting! Now I am inspired to keep saving for my first ever DSLR. :)

I took A LOT more pictures, but decided not to post any more, because a lot of them look the same; ya know, all those red rocks; and I don't want to bore my readers.


Do you have a vacation planned? :)

xo,
mikailah

ps-My giveaway is ending soon! Enter, enter! ;) Like, now

8 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun! and gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun!! ;)
    Great pictures Mikailah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome red rocks! Wow, I love them! The landscape and scenery is just spectacular-makes me want to visit. ;) The ice cream looks wonderful too on this hot summer day. =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love Sedona. One of the prettiest places on Earth! Great pictures.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos! what a fun trip.....family time is the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! We went to Grand Canyon last year. I remember how it looked at sunset... breathtaking! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are gorgeous honey!! I would love love love to have all those rocks in that rock wall! I could have fun with them here.

    Love,
    Aunt Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Pics! Sure was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥