8.06.2012

a step back in time


I always use to think about the old Western towns--as they were portrayed in the famous "Little House on the Prairie" books. How things use to be; the hardships, the style, the clothing, dreaming over what is must have been like to have to have a horse. I loved (and still do) the little town feel. I thought I lived in a little town--of 6,000 people. Until we visited this little town in Arizona, of 400. The streets were asphalt, but I could see dusty dirt streets, covered wagons and stage-coaches. Some of stores were more recent, but I imaged the rough wood of old "store-fronts" and board sidewalks. 

The colors were bright--extremely vibrant--sunny yellows, bright pink and teal. Old cars lined the driveway, and many cameras were flashing (5 cameras in our family. With 5 people.). It was an epic experience. It gave a tiny, minuscule view of how life used to be; a glimpse of a lifestyle that was embraced for so long--and has been lost in the hustle and bustle of new technology and running to-and-fro. One of simplicity, beauty, hard work and important values. 

I can't describe it. I felt like I stepped into another century... another time of life. For a few days....

...I stepped back in time.

xo,
Mikailah

ps--I know, I know. I said new name, and design, right? Well, the computer I've been using "died." It was ran over by our car 3 years ago (interesting tale, there, folks) and was seemingly broken. Hooked up to a screen, however it works worked fine. But it finally gave up. Soooo, I'm using a replacement computer for now. Forgive me? It is coming, I promise. ;)

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These pictures look soo cool, Mikailah! :D Now I really want that pie....looks very good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post, mikailah! i love the photos! and yes, that story of your laptop getting run over is intriguing! have a great week! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stepping back in time... tis a beauitful journey! To look back, to actually *feel* like you are right there. I love when that happens, like when we visit old mountain towns. It is just so... special!

    Blessings,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so lovely! gorgeous bokeh in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name's Emily. I just have to say that I love your style of photography! It's one kind of look I go for!! Thanks for posting them!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are amazing. Seriously. And how delicious that pie and ice cream looks!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are amazing! That town does, indeed, look so old fashioned and quaint! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! I know what you mean- we've been living in a small town of 4,000... and we've just moved to a town of maybe 1,000? I love the feel, and I love the people and colors. There's always something special about small towns, right?

    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Pictures and great post! I loved stepping back in time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures!! I now want to go there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to love watching and reading Little House on the Prairie. I'm glad that I'm not the only girl who started dreaming of living in a different time because of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely, lovely pictures. <3 they made my soul happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are just beautiful. I played a song in jazz band called Route 66. :) I used to love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely pictures! I hear you on the small town thing. :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic pictures, Mikailah! You have a gift!
    Thank you for the sweet and encouraging comment on my blog. My mom is out of the hospital now, but still struggling. Please keep her in your prayers.
    <3
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥