8.27.2012

it's golden hour





































Bits of gold, sprinkle through the green leaves, now shot with tinges of gold and yellow and red. Grass sparkling with water--still wet from the sprinkler. Blinding light, forcing people to shade their eyes, and blink repeatedly. Glare off the small bird-water near the door. Golden hour. 

Amazing photography opportunities, everything is enhanced and... well, golden.

I've always loved golden hour. Everything is peaceful, relaxed, and beautiful. Light rays provide halo's around things that would normally appear quite ordinary and light dances on the soft waves of hair of my unknown posers.{well, those that have hair. ;) love ya, Dad.} I can't even explain why I love golden hour. It is just something beautiful. Amazing. And I love beautiful things--with a passion. Come to think of it, perhaps that is why I love it so. It is just beautiful. It makes everything seem perfect, and actually half-convinces me that the world is as beautiful as this moment--this picture--that person is. In life, we have hard times. But when the light is golden, the earth is starting to cool down, the birds get their last drinks from the bird water, the light dances on the fluff of the many dandelions, the sun glares more gently in my eyes... perhaps that explains why I love it. Nothing but being there can explain why I love it, and why it is called golden hour. 

xo,
Mikailah~

12 comments:

  1. i am speechless. this is just beautiful. wow. poetry, and a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love golden hour too. Especially with people's hair in front of all that golden light? Mmm mmm... it highlights it golden and then deepens all the shadows.

    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Mikailah. :) Golden Hour is THE best time of the day, if you ask me. ;)

    Btw, I found a recipe here that might interest you. ;) Hope you enjoy it!

    http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/08/28/diy-homemade-yellow-cake-batter-mix/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+browneyedbaker%2Ffeed+%28Brown+Eyed+Baker+%29

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love golden hour. it's my favorite time of the day! all of the pictures, (and you!) are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh, yes, so incredibly beautiful! your words and pictures are just soul food. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just, gah, beautiful, lovely, astounding, gorgeous! And I love those lasts ones of you, stunning girl that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lvoe your blog. beautiful photos, i love the dandelion. It's quite dandy and I'm not lion! ;) haha sorry. I had to. I'm a pun person. Anyways you definitely got a enw follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks, y'all! :) you guys make blogging worth while. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I like your blog!
    Consider me a follower. =)
    Dandelions are so fun to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golden hour is definitely the best hour of the day, hence the name. It is one of the most radiant things about summer. I like the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your sense of photography. i could look at it all day. :) and your writing! amazin'!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥