8.18.2012

mid-week adventures







Adventures come in many shapes and sizes. This week it came in the form of going to see family in the big city to see my brother-in-law graduate from Police Academy, and--of course--to visit. Going to see family is always fun. The word fun doesn't even describe it completely. Fun, crazy, noisy, relaxing {at times, it is}, enjoyable. Seeing family, staying up until 11:00 at night laughing with your sisters over nothing, jouncing babies, eating French Burnt Peanuts, jumping on the trampoline with nieces and nephews in the 100* and humid weather, working and playing together, reading books, & doing puzzles. 

What a time. When it comes to 3 aunts, "Grandma and Grandpa", 6 little kids, and their parents {my brothers and sisters}, the house is anything but quiet! Shouts of laughter waft in from outside where my red-faced sister is jumping with even redder-faced nieces and nephews while clanking in the kitchen shows signs of delicious food being prepared. I am a country, quiet, animals, nature, cool air kinda girl, but I will gladly exchange that life for the city and heat for a while to celebrate and spend time with this mob. 

xo,
mikailah

7 comments:

  1. these pictures are so pretty. good job! your niece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures. sounds like you had quite the time! family is such a wonderful thing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy... do I know what you're talking about... Crazy fun, and lazy relaxed. There is nothing like staying/seeing family, right!

    -Gabby

    Lovely family... er mob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a fun time! I love spending time with my family too and wish whenever I move somewhere new that they would follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! I can tell you really love your new camera! Thnx for sharing about your family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are ahh-mazing. I'm truly, wholly and utterly in love with them. I loved the family aspect of this post as well as well as the simpilcity of it. :) Basically, I just really like your blog.

    much love!

    -acacia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog, Mikailah, and for your sweet words! I love the new name and look of your blog, did you design it yourself?

    I wish I had the time (and patience) to sit down and learn some html. :) someday...


    Blessings, friend!

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥