9.22.2012

inspiration exists


Early morning cups of coffee
Orange and yellow crispy leaves, falling lazily from the trees
Real life stories of my family and friends
Bright flowers in window boxes
Worn down, chipped paint
Wrinkles on beautiful faces
Afternoon walks
Yellow, dog eared pages in my favorite books
Friends who hug you and understand how you feel
Late night drives 
Scripture that speaks 
My baby brother with his smile and laugh
Crystal blue skies
Stormy grey skies
Strangers in town that have a story to tell
Unexpected happenings
Terrible experiences that turn out for the good
Cooking good food with people you love
Stopping and listening to the world around you
Writing and receiving handwritten letters
The snap of a camera shutter
Sudden phone calls from people who just wanted to say hi
Your grandpa telling you how pretty you look
Photographs of childhoods
Finding old letters in thrift shops and imagining the story around them
Thunder in the daytime
Shadows cast by interesting objects
People who remember my name after meeting for a short time
Blank sheets of paper that both terrify and encourage me

There is so much in life to inspire you to do more, breathe deeper, write passionately, make beautiful art. You just have to open your eyes and look for it. Add your own inspiration in the comment section below!



My name is Johanna Grace, blogger, photographer, writer, scribbler, sometimes I make myself believe that I can draw, I love Jesus, my family and living life. Come say hello sometime, won't you? @imjohannagrace

5 comments:

  1. Reading a good book, or listening to some music with a good beat and good lyrics is what inspires me! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post, Johanna! :) Your writing is beautiful, as usual. <3 Thanks for posting for me, girl. xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥