9.14.2012

rain drops and adventures

































{Sorry y'all, in this post I will be kind of rambling, okay? Okay.}

Travel--the very word spells adventure. You never know what you  might get into on the road. Right now, I'm in Ohio, and loving every moment of the time spent in this gorgeous, green, humid, insect infested, horse inhabited land. The lifestyle reminds me of the many longing moments that I wished I lived on a farm; just the thought of many animals, horses {rapture!}, hard work, gardens, sweating under a relentless sun, sipping fresh squeezed lemonade, and many good "country singin's" with friends and family has always made it more attractive to me. And seeing the many Amish go by reminds me of the many times I've expressed my appreciation, admiration and respect for the "plain people".

We have been in Ohio for about 1 1/2 weeks, but we took 5 long days to get here--stopping and seeing many interesting sights {many of which you will get to see soon!}, traveling as far as we wanted to in a day, pushing the remnants of rain from Hurricane Issac across the country; even getting into pretty heavy rain ourselves at times.

Memories. Oh, the memories. All the experiences, little accidents, scrapes and adventures we get into all amount to one word. Yes, memories. Good ones, bad ones, sad ones, happy ones--they all jumble together until we can almost go through them like a scrap-book, remembering and dreaming of the days when "that" happened. I am ready to be home, in a way, but enjoying every moment here with my loved ones and in the state {and oh-so close to the house} where I was born.

What adventures are you experiencing, friends? 

Much love,
Mikailah

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mikailah!
    So great to see your post!! We miss you back here at home. All is well with your own little farm :)
    Enjoy the rest of your adventure - I can't wait to see the rest of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grand time of traveling! :)

    Hopefully I'll be starting some photo-sessions this Fall, so I guess you can call that some adventures. ;)

    Take care, and hope that you'll continue to have a fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted to hear that you and your family made it safely to Ohio, bringing along new memories, smiles, and laughter. :) The description of the farmland sounds so peaceful... so lovely! I wish I could join you in that beautiful place, but I shall just have to travel along with your photos. :)

    May yu have a beautiful day!

    Blessings,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Texas-shaped waffle! That was legit!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a good/safe rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥