9.27.2012

Stay Inspired // Guest Post by Miss Raquel

If you’re a blogger, then you can relate to this.  And if you can relate to this, you are a true blogger.

Every once in awhile, us bloggers hit this ‘dry spell’ in our blogging.  A time when...
1 - we want to write, but just don’t know what to write about
OR
2 - we know we have to write something for tomorrow (for all those amazing blog followers) but...we just don’t feel in the mood.

Here are the Top 9 (because Top 10 is overrated) ways that I have found, have been very helpful in keeping myself inspired...
I hope you can benefit from them too:)


#1 // Pray
Simple, easy, and really, God is the Only and Greatest Source of inspiration ever.  He cares for you.  He listens to you.  He wants to see you write something amazing.  He’ll look over your shoulder and whisper words of encouragement to you as your fingers fly across the keyboard.
Go ahead, give it a try;) 

#2 // Refocus.
Take a minute to stop and reassess the purpose of your blog, why you’re writing it, what you want to convey to your readers.  What posts to your readers like the most?  Which ones do you get the most traffic and comments on?  Is it photography?  Is it every day life stories?  Devotions?

#3 // Go outside.
Sometimes, the reason we’re feeling irritated that we can’t write, isn’t because we can’t find inspiration.  Sometimes, it’s because we just need a new perspective...instead of the four walls of the room that you’re in.  Go outside...jump around...laugh...wave your hair back and forth (and if you have short hair, just try giving your head a coupe good shakes)... 
You’ll feel ready to take on the world.  I promise.


#4 // Listen to music.
I don’t know about you, but music is one of the biggest parts of my life.  Without music, I’m pretty sure I would just die.  No, not pretty sure.  Very sure.  And for any of you out there who connect so well to music, maybe that can be a source of inspiration to you.
Give it a try.

 

#5 // Pinterest/Tumblr/We <3 It/other blogs.
Out of all of these, I’d say that Pinterest and other blogs helps me out the most.  I don’t have a Tumblr or We <3 It account...but I listed those because I know other people do:) C’mon, people.  We all know that Pinterest is inspirational.  You can spend hours and hours on that darn website and feel like you’re living inside a dream.  Whenever I’m feeling uninspired, Pinterest is one of the first places I make a beeline to. 
If you don’t have a Pinterest account, I strongly suggest you get one:)  That’s all.

#6 // Ask others.
Readers love this.  They feel a part of your writings when you write on something they suggested, asked, etc.  Some of my most popular posts are ones that I wrote because a reader suggested.  So don’t hesitate to tell them that you’re drawing blanks and are feeling uninspired. 
Readers can be one of the biggest inspirations.


#7 // Make a list.
This can go hand-in-hand with #2 (refocusing).  Making lists, getting things organized, writing down my thoughts in just a couple words...these things make me happy.  And are very stress relieving.

#8 // Do something new.
...or something old.  Take a break from trying to figure out what to write and do something else you love.  Go horse-back riding.  Dance.  Bake cookies.  Read.  Bungee jump.  Go swimming.

#9 // Just write.
Some of my most popular and most-loved posts are the ones I...just write.  I don’t even have a planned topic.  I just write, write, write.  The other night, at 11:14, I sat down and just poured out my heart.  If I had been any more emotional, my poor laptop (Shiro Ai is her name:) would’ve been soaked with tears.  Write from your heart.  Write that you’re struggling to feel inspired.  Write about life.  Be real.  That’s what your readers will love the most.

Stay inspired! <3
 

---

Miss Raquel is a lover of words, beautiful photographs, twirly dresses, bowties, Dutch Bros., frozen yogurt, all things Western and romantic sayings.  She blogs at God's Daughter, where she writes on a variety of different topics.  Feel free to stop by any time and leaver her a comment!
 

5 comments:

  1. This was a great post and yes I can feel the same way! This was very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, thanks for sharing<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these ideas! So, so great!! Will try! :)
    Btw how's your day going? I continue to stalk your Pinterest board, lol. ;)
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post full of incredible tips. :) Thanks Raquel! The last one was especially helpful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true! I feel so inspired now, because I definitely feel those emotions and not-feeling-inspired days. Thank you so much!


    Your Sister in Christ,
    Grace
    www.gracefullyfeminine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥