10.26.2012

because it's fall


Because it's fall, we get up shivering in the mornings, reluctantly leaving the soft warmth of our beds. Because it's fall, we eagerly slip our chilly toes into slippers first thing in the morning (well, those of us who don't wear socks and shoes. *cough* Me.) Because it's fall, we slip outside every chance we get to snap pictures, marvel at the golden leaves and shiver in the chilly air that nips our noses and bare hands. Because it's fall, we break out the long, knit sweaters, jeans and cozy socks. Because it's fall, we drink tea 3 times a day {no kidding, and we don't live in England.} and wrap our chilly hands around the warm mugs.

Because it's fall, we wear scarves, laugh with visiting family and put fake nails on. Because it's fall, we visit the park and swing until we are out of breath with laughing and tussle-headed from the wind. Because it's fall, we try new recipes like Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino/Cool Whip Dip and honey graham pretzels. Because it's fall, we thank the Lord for His incredible imagination when He created the world. Because it's fall, we all realize what a beautiful world we live in--because the different landscapes show their true beauty through the tint of orange, yellow and red.

xo, Mikailah

19 comments:

  1. Mikailah!! These are just gorgeous...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are SOOOOO beautiful. i love fall. and your words are just gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so beautiful, Mikailah! Love your descriptive words. :)

    Blessings!

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love these nature photos, Mikailah! Especially the one with the leaves on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, let me get this straight... because it's fall, you felt the need to dazzle me with your expert photography skills, and make me green with envy for your dslr?

    i approve. ;D beautiful words, darling. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jess, you make me smile ;) xo

      ps: I almost said do instead of xo...I'm awesome.

      Delete
  6. Oooh....! Honestly, I can't pick a favorite! All the in-foucus, out of focus, doggy paws,and bokeh filled backgrounds...You did a really good job! I love the golden color of the leaves! And your discription of Autumnal activities. =D

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are stunning, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! I like the one with the sun through the trees! that's my favorite. i think. I DON'T KNOW! haha. they're all my favorite :) as soon as you get your license, you come on over to maine and we'll have a picture taking day or a few of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog! lots of beautiful photographs...

    words from Cherry, a newbie in photography, a student of nyip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply breath taking. <3 And Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino/Cool Whip Dip !?!?!? That sounds amaziiiiiing. is there a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so incredibly beauuuutful! I love how you've captured this season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The leaves are finally starting to change here. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post makes me smile. Down in Louisiana, the leaves are barely changing and I'm jealous of your yellow leaves. *sniff*
    --

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is gorgeous! your photos are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these are all outstanding...but I especially love the sun flare! SO incredible! Great job! I should get back into detailed photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You take beautiful pictures. :) God made a truly beautiful world, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  17. That wood-pile picture? My favourite ever. Yep, yep, yep.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥