10.10.2012

Courtney || a cousin photo-shoot

Courtney is my cousin--the goofy, the beautiful, the artsy, the girl with amazing blue eyes. She draws amazing pictures {I'm telling you, amazing.}, laughs with me over the simplest things, makes funny faces and is all together a fabulous friend, as well as cousin. She is a little older than me; her birthday is the middle of August, mine is the end of September. And the funny thing is, all the time we've known each other {we have only really connected the past 3 years on our trips to Ohio}, she thought I was older. Of course we laughed about that, as well as looking at writing and drawing blunders that we've made--grammar is a wonderful thing to laugh about; especially grammar mistakes. ;)

These pictures aren't my best work--we had about 10 minutes before we were heading out the door, leaving for home {AZ}--it was the worst time of day (noon), and I had the wrong lens with me, but I am pretty happy about how they turned out, considering the situation.

Enjoy.



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Mikailah! Looks like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmyword! these are ah-may-zing! you are really talented, Mikailah. :} love the 2nd to last B&W one. ;}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You may not have had the right camera lens, but these are beautiful!! BTW I adore the one of the leaf in the sky!! :) :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab job! love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mikailah!

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I thought I'd come over and see what you're all about!

    Great job on the portraits! Noon is a f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s. time to shoot when you can do backlighting (like on the ones where she is sitting on the ground) or in the shade (like under the tree). Noon light is harsh, but gives a great hair-and-skin-glow when used as a backlight.

    Does your cousin travel as a model? :)

    Keep it up!

    Blessings...
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web log!
    Feel free to visit my homepage : the diet solution

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥