12.10.2012

the days when nothing happens












 Written yesterday--Sunday, December 9th.


It's one of those days. Sunday afternoon, the house is quiet, the wood-stove is cranked up to mid-heat, and the wind blows around and in every crack and crevice of the house. Outside, the sky is dark with low, grey clouds, the bird feeders in the country and the streets in town are alike--almost empty. The lone bird or two you may see have feathers ruffled from the wind, and a flighty, cheery disposition. 

It isn't exactly a beautiful day; a high of 45* today, and the low is expected to be around 9* tonight. Today is a sweater day if ever any was. I'm wearing my favorite {worn} pair of jeans, a cozy sweat and a pair of red snowmen socks that have been hidden away in my oak dresser for months, along with 4 other holiday pairs of socks.

I think these days are the most precious, sometimes. When our days are full of those sweet nothings--when nothing happens. These days are precious. Nothing wonderful or special happens, but we remember them and hold them most dear because of one simple reason. They're familiar, they're alike, and yet one of a kind. A new day, a new set of numbers, a new time, new experiences.

I think the days when "nothing" happens are the ones we remember the longest and treasure the most.

Have a lovely day, friends! :)
xo,
mikailah

11 comments:

  1. Love the pinecone and flowers shot!
    (:

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures and your writings Mikailah! It's freezing cold here in Texas today... and that's saying something. :D

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. :) Love this post, Mikailah! Beautiful thoughts and words. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. Those simple, quiet days are the days I look back to with bittersweet feelings the most.

    Lovely pictures, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I think these days are the most precious, sometimes. When our days are full of those sweet nothings--when nothing happens. These days are precious. "

    So true!!! I loooove it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures Mikailah. What a sweet post. :)

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing pictures! <3 Your writing is just so lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You. Have. A. Wood stove? Okay, girl, I am officially jealous. I want to come spend the day at your house- I think I've said this before but it looks just so homey! And your view out the door... oh goodness!

    Love this!
    --

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your warm wintery pictures! It makes me warm just looking at them! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so beautiful. you capture these everyday scenes so well. and your writing is SO incredibly gorgeous. :)

    -ali

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥