12.14.2012

walking in a winter wonderland



When it snows
Ain't it thrilling
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play
The Eskimo way
Walking in a winter wonderland

The trees were covered in a deceivingly warm-looking blanket of powdery white, the fire was roaring in the wood stove and small bits of white were still falling from the sky. Outdoors was calling me, as were the animals who were hungry for their breakfast, so I bundled up, grabbed my faithful camera and tromped outside. She followed me, and once the animals were fed and patted, we walked through the ankle-deep snow making tracks, taking pictures, laughing and trying to keep our dog from jumping up on us.

She tried to blow snowflakes on me, I threw a snowball at her and we ran through the trees surveying the deep green pine branches covered in their whimsical white blanket, and watched the rainbows dance on every drop of water melting from the icicles when the sun shone through the low, moody clouds. We stayed out for an hour, taking pictures and trying to stay warm. When we finally ran into the mud-room and removed our dripping boots and damp coats, our toes were numb, our eyes dancing, our noses red from the cold and an overall glow on our faces just from the thrill of snow.

And more is expected tonight. 1-3 inches more. Squee!

Happy Friday, friends! Come over and play in the snow, maybe?

xo, m

19 comments:

  1. Wish snow much I could play in the snow! It's cooling off down here, but still not cold enough like in Michigan where my relatives live, to go snow-mobiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad it rarely snows down by tucson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are gorgeous. Personally, I'm not a fan of snow, but it sure is pretty :) Beautiful words, too, M. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH SO JEALOUS BUT I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I would love to come play in the snow with you......sadly we have none up here in Indiana! =( Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the snow!!!!!!! It is always so much fun... especially the first real snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this, Mikailah. so beautiful. and love your new blog design, too! :)

    ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to get snow!! :D Looks like you had a lot of fun and beautiful pictures!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous right now! That snow looks simply wonderful. I thought AZ was warm???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well, we live in the mountains, so we get quite a bit of snow--and we have a ski resort only 30 minutes away. :) Phoenix, AZ {which is about 4 hrs drive from us} never gets snow; it's the desert there. :)

      Delete
  10. Snow... oh! Mikailah, I am officially jealous. I want snow so bad but that doesn't happen but once in a blue moon where I am living. I ought to be thankful because I like warmer weather... but snow!!!

    Yes. I will come over and play and the snow all day with you. And then we'll have a photoshoot, yes?
    --

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes. :) photo-shoot goes without saying. ;) we have fresh show, as well, because it snowed last night! perhaps some day, eh? :)

      ::hug::

      Delete
  11. Um yres please. Excuse me while I fly on over.

    So jealous. =) We've had flurries, but as of yet-- no true-blue snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want! I haven't had snow yet. I really want a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always enjoy seeing your lovely pictures, Mikaila! Keep warm (it's so hot down here at the moment, the snow looks refreshing) ;)
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, I got here late and everyone else has already said what I would've said! =D
    But I'll say it again just for fun...Lovely photos, YES I will come throw some snowballs and bring my camera too, and I'm hopin' it'll snow here too!
    Kansas weather is unpredictable so might get some unexpectedly. =D

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Lovely pictures and oh that bocca!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥