3.01.2013

free-lensing









































I discovered a jack-pot the other day; my Mom and Dad's old film Pentax cameras, hidden away in the top of their huge closet. I found 2 cameras, with 5-6 lenses; all in perfectly good condition. I also found a macro lens, which I decided to use with my camera--just holding it in front--free-lensing. It was definitely a different experience, but I went outside and played around with the settings and came away with these pictures. It was beautiful; the sun was an hour or so away from the horizon and it high-lighted the brown leaves that crunched beneath my feet and made the orbs of water on the dead grass shine. The trees were like bowers of twisted vines and made ragged lines against the sky that was as blue as my niece's eyes.

Before long, Liberty and Brutus joined me, and I managed to snap a few pictures of their faces, although Liberty devoutly refuses to look at the camera and ignores my attempts to trick her. Silly dog. The wind tousled my hair and blew it in front of the camera more times than I can count, but I only brushed it away and continued aiming, focusing and snapping. Finally I figured I had enough, and walked inside. Every time I take pictures, I remember why I love it so much. You capture memories--not just photos in every image that is stored on that little memory card.

17 comments:

  1. I love freelensing! It is so different and fun! You did a wonderful job!
    I love what you said about your dogs....mine do the same thing. They hate looking at the camera...'cuz they know what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful. I have only tried freelensing once, and am kinda afraid of the dust getting in my lens and camera body. But they do turn out with a beautiful effect. :)

    I love that first photo. It looks like one I would take. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness! that is awesome! I need to try some freelensing again, I did some last summer, but I kinda forgot about it, and now I need to get back into doing some of it. love these! the last one if my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, I love these pictures. :) freelensing is awesome! this is gorgeous.
    -alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love to free-lense! here's here are my free-lense photos and you have a film slr? so do i! i found it at my grandpa's house when we were up in connecticut. it use to by my daddy's. here's it's story.

    xoxo, girly || meena

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still trying to figure out how to free lense...haha! These are beautiful Mikailah <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! Freelensing scares me, mostly because my camera is too heavy to successfully balance and hold a equally heavy lens. Great work though darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so happy for you! There's nothing like discovering new camera stuff to play with! =D
    The leaf, your cats(I especially like the sun haze in the 3rd to last) and the shadows are my favorites! The sky came out SO BLUE! Lovely...
    I wholeheartedly agree; camera's capture memories. <3


    xx ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and I wanted to know, who did you get the little heart that's in your comment section below? "And be sure to stop by again soon. :) <3" only yours is a filled in heart?

    ~Curious Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny!
      To get that heart, just high-light it, and copy it. :) Then you can paste it wherever you want to! (I originally copied it from Pinterest, I believe.) :)

      Thank you for all your sweet comments! ♥♥ ;)

      Delete
    2. Of course, it WOULD be that simple, thanks so much! =D ♥

      ~Satisfied Jenny

      Delete
    3. haha, you're welcome! :) i actually wondered about that for the LONGEST time before i figured it out. haha. ;) ♥

      Delete
  10. so beautiful! what a magnificent find. Parents have the coolest stuff hidden away, hey? ;) you did such a great job free lensing! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo pretty! I love the the close up pictures. Btw, your dog is adorable. ;) And I love the pic of your cat's ears. Too cute!

    Oh, and thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. They always brighten my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :P There. I am jealous of you. I CAN'T FREELENSE TO SAVE MY LIFE. Seriously!!! I have tried on million times in one million different ways and it NEVER works. So yes, I am extremely jealous of you, missy, because these photos are amazing and so are you and generally this whole blog is.

    No, I exaggerate, I could freelense if I tried really hard. I just haven't had time to try really hard with anything lately.

    Gosh, do excuse my ramblings. I am a bit sleep deprived over here :)
    --

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've tried freelensing before and never really succeeded, but these images are inspiring me to go try again! :) really pretty. ♥

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥