4.06.2013

pieces of this week & thoughts


Every week seems the same sometimes, until you look a little closer. This week, I took a trip down to Phoenix to pick up my sister and nieces, so they could spend a week with us 'in the mountains'. It was priceless; driving up with my sister, my nieces laughing, playing, sleeping, crying, in the back seat. I forgot how much I love having little people around, until they come again. Their little voices clamoring for attention, smudges on window panes, and peanut butter dripped on the floor. This week, I got Light Room 4 (and couldn't install it, because my computer is acting up. Eh. Help?), took hundreds of pictures, and realized that even though people fail us, God never will. Through hard times, maybe that is what He is trying to teach us.

Life is always changing. Sometimes when our schedules get disturbed from the usual routine, we realize that everything changes at some point. People change, times change, thoughts change, places change, we change. Sometimes it's so gradual that we don't realize it until we break out the old photo albums and reminisce as we realize that what seemed like yesterday was 3 years ago.  

Some people don't like quiet, peaceful lives. I wouldn't have it any other way. In the noise and bustle, people forget the passing of time. It's almost like the business focuses us on ourselves, not others; we're so wrapped up in our lives, our schedule, our routines, that we really do forget that there are more important things.

I'm determined not to get caught up in myself. To take enough time for me, and not run myself ragged, but really truly care about others. It's important. People are the most important things in our lives (at least, they should be) and life is too short to waste time over petty differences, and arguments. It really is.


17 comments:

  1. Sounds like your week was great, girl! Love ya!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect reminder... { and so needed!} How easy is it to become frustrated and tangled up in the distractions of today... and yet to be reminded that we are called to walk in love, selflessly giving to others from our heart.

    Thank you for your encouragement... it was a blessing.♥

    Praying for you and thanking God for you!
    *Hugs*
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Mikailah!! I love this so much! Those pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. I couldn't agree more. Your writing is so heartfelt and real. I love this. Your pictures are absolutely magnificent, too!

    -alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, girl! I couldn't agree more. Every week seems the same sometimes, until you look a little closer. that is literally so accurate. and gah. I haven't listened to "I'm With You" in ages... I lovelovelove that song!!! now, I have a feeling it's gonna be on repeat for the rest of the night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. ohmygosh. I just finished going through the rest of the links (they were loading while I wrote the last comment :P) the fact that you linked my photo/typography quote from October Baby just made my day! thank ya, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! My uncle and aunt just moved into town with their three children so now I get to hear little voices again.

    Oh and the eleventh picture? From the angle shot, it really looks a bit like Jennifer Lawrence. Or maybe it's just me...

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the words. I know what you mean...lovel pics, by the way.
    Tane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoops! Meant lovely pics, not lovel! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly, a cactus. I never see those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is great. as Christians especially, we've got to think less about ourselves and more about others. easier said than done, no?

    p.s. these pictures make me miss the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. Those first four travel photos are stunning. Really. =)
    And your niece(s) are so sweet!

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. i need to remember how much i love the person more than i need to win an argument. thanks for the reminder :) great pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad that you had a wonderful visit with your family! That popcorn looks delicious... :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of these are so homey, I love the first few and the sunlight. And the ones of you are stunning (you are just so lovely)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I stumbled upon your blog today while looking for my own. My email address is maid4him and that is part of my blog title as well..
    . My sister in law lives in Phoenix- That caught my attention too. I am the other hand live in New York. I enj!oyed reading your blog- I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds and looks like your week was a lot of fun! And now you've made me want popcorn... ;)
    -mal

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥