4.02.2013

the song of spring // a short video


music by: George Winston 
apricot blossoms
buzzing bees
a grass munching rabbit
apricot blossoms v,2
Curtis the goat
morning feed
chicken's release
nesting
a house & a home
green 
breakfast in Springtime 

It's spring. Apricot blossoms, green grass, gentle winds, cups of (cold) tea and sun kissed skin attest that. There is no rain; the grass is poking through thanks to sprinklers, and everything will continue barren until Summer comes with the monsoons. The only thing really making it feel like Spring right now is the apricot tree. Alive with pink and white flowers, and smelling like the sweetest perfume you've ever smelled. I miss the Eastern Spring, but Arizona does have beauty in the Spring. Like that tree. I have about 300 pictures of it already. (*wince*)

I'm here, in Arizona, with bees buzzing around my head as I invade their flower blossoms with my camera, clear swept skies, sunburned skin, and the chance (only a chance. yeah.) of rain tonight. And you know what? It is rather beautiful.

It's lovely to see your face again, Spring. 

xx, m

12 comments:

  1. Wow. I sat down to watch this and was really stunned by the beauty and simplicity of it. What lens did you use? The light is stunning, and the colors are so rich! Really wonderfully done M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, girl! :) i used the 35mm 1.8. ;) <3

      Delete
  2. How beautiful... spring is indeed a welcome season. New life. Fresh joy. All of creation singing its' thankful chorus unto our Creator. Simply lovely dear!

    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic video, Mikailah! I love the various shots you got, especially of the bee landing in the flower. I also love that song! Beautiful.

    If you're interested, I'm hosting a photography challenge on my blog this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vid! I enjoyed it a lot. You are a wonderful videographer (sp?). Keep up the wondermous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that was so lovely! i hope spring will come to Minnesota soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that was awesome!!! Great Job!!!! Great song, and your photography skills get better every day.
    Kenneth<><

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing! i love your video--you are a skilled videographer as well as writer, and photographer. :)
    -ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply could not leave your site before suggesting
    that I really loved the standard info an individual provide on
    your guests? Is gonna be again continuously to check up
    on new posts

    my weblog: Home Depot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful video, lieve vriendin. I'm sitting here in my room, in an old green chair and enjoy the images and music. Here in the Netherlands it's not really spring. Meteorological yes but the temperature ... its cold, there's an icy wind and no blossom on the trees. Therefore I cherish your video and know that spring shall come is in my small country near the Northsea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can i just say how much i love love love love love this? the powerful music accompanies the video so perfectly and, well, you truly have captured spring in it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥