6.10.2013

home away from home.


There is a home away from home. It's strange to think of having two homes, and it's even stranger to have your heart connected to two buildings, clear across the country from each other. This little home is unfinished. It has rough walls, and two-by-fours hanging low enough to bump your head on. The carpet is worn, and the corners lift up in places; in fact, it almost seems as if it is attempting to trip you on purpose. The screen doors slam vigorously behind you when you walk out on the rough grey lumber porch, and the side door doesn't shut all the way. It's the little things; sometimes the annoying things that make a house a home. And this little place - this little cabin in the 'woods' - is fast becoming just that. A home away from home.

11 comments:

  1. In Ohio? :) How long will y'all be there? Sounds like a lovely place. I love old, unfinished houses - I guess because I've grown up in them all my life! :D
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love to be in Ohio right now. It's almost five hundred and thirty degrees here. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. gaaaaah. this is SO beautiful, girly! I just love your writings. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing. This post. So beautifully clear and simply and down to earth. I love that. Heartfelt, sweet, and honest.

    I dearly crush on succulents and chalkboards (they are adorable). Your photography is getting better and better, love.

    yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely. I bet you are having a wonderful time, we all miss you in the blogging sphere dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are enjoying it! It's just your kind of place isn't it! Miss ya Miss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds lovely! Beautiful posts :D.

    By the way, I don't know if you read my last blog update, you might be aware that I have been hinting of a surprise on my blog? Well here it is! My blog, Fullness of Joy's 2nd Blog birthday this week, and in celebrating I am hosting a blog party to thank all my readers, celebrate those two years, have fun together with tags and also challenge each other to be more committed in challenging and uplifting one another as sisters in Christ and writers too through what we write and comment on in our blogs :D. I hope you can join; I'd love it if you can join in the tags:
    http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/balloons-o-party-announcement.html

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so many homes away from home. I LOVE them. Glad you're enjoying yourself, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I'm curious, what camera do you have, girl? You're so good with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Lily! :) i use the Nikon D3100 with the 35mm 1.8 lens. :)

      Delete
  10. ahhh this is such a lovely post... <3 I know just the feeling of having two homes (actually more than two...) and it's wonderful :)
    I'm glad to be back on blogging! I missed reading yours! and thanks for following my new one
    hope you have a lovely week dear xoxo
    - Gabi

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥