7.23.2013

summer scenes.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled It always amazes me how fast summer goes. It's the 23rd of July, and I feel like the school books were just put on the shelf to gather dust; and in less than a month, they'll be coming out again. This summer has been special; not extraordinary, but special. My sisters, brother-in-law and all the menagerie of kiddos visiting at the beginning of July, and we had good times. Rain storms have become an everyday occurrence, and green sprouts are shooting up in the fields; overtaking the dead yellow grass from last fall, and giving an appearance of a green blur when you squint your eyes. Sparklers sprinkle the lawn with ashes and sparks at night, illuminated excited faces, and singeing fingers that got too close to the bright blazes. Hands are yellow and green and brown from digging in the dirt, planting flowers and weeding the raised beds, and freckles are becoming prominent. Feet are bare, brown, and stained with juice from the grasses, and flower petals that fall in the heavy showers.

I miss summer 2013 already. Present nostalgia, I suppose. It seems everybody thought 2013 was going to be full of skyrockets and amazing adventures; but not for me. Summer holds the most charm and opportunities; and even though it's been rather quiet, and everyday-ish, it still holds a special place in my heart; even so, it's almost over. But who knows? We're only 7 months into the year. There's still 5 more months for amazing things to happen. And I'm off to find them.

--

8 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I start school on August 20th, and I can't believe it! It'll be here before I know it! In a way, I'm looking forward to school, and seeing all my friends again, but on the other hand, I want it to be summer forever. :) When do you start school? :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hannah!
      thank you for all your sweet comments; they always bring a smile to my face. :) i don't know when i start school exactly; i usually start at the beginning of September. :) i can't believe it's almost August! crazy!!

      ::hugs::
      Mikailah

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love all the photos! Really love the baby with the wide-eyed look of excitement, so very precious :)

    Rejoicing in Him, Patrizia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh. This is so incredibly relateable. This summer started with a two week trip and I feel like that sort of pressed my skip button. And then it was soon the middle of summer and it's weird because I'm still missing 2013's summer, but can already clutch the hem of the next few weeks to hold her back for that much longer. Why does it have to end?

    Well, you're wonderful and so is this, okay?
    Okay.
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these summer scenes. :)
    oh yes. I cannot believe summer is already gone by so fast. crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning photos, brilliant words
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these scream summer so beautifully. Really. Perfect.
    I KNOW!?!?! Can summer please just slow down?!?! That is just what I have been thinking the last few weeks. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely GORGEOUS, Mikailah. So full of life, and happiness and hot sun, and beauty.
    And your words are pure poetry. You are an amazing writer. =)

    -ali

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥