8.19.2013

bubbles & laughter.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled I remember when bubble baths used to be the best thing in the world. Laughter always floats among the airy bubbles that line the cool white enamel of the tub, and ready hands are always prepared to grab a slipping little person who happens to stand up when they should be sitting down. Shampoo foams gently on their little hands as they insist to 'do it themselves', and toys float like a piece of driftwood on a quiet sea. I wonder if they'll remember these bubble baths when they grow up. Finally clean, they stand up and hold out little arms, soon to be engulfed in a white towel that wraps around them like a warm hug. I wonder if all babies like to cuddle when they first come out of the bath. Blue eyes peek above the wrappings, and wet, curly hair sticks to their chubby faces. There is nothing quite as precious as this, I think.

This is a week night when my nieces took bubble baths. 

xx.

7 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! Love the way you captured this...I can still feel the cozy towels and remember playing in the bath when I was little...brings back memories. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love the words and pictures! Your nieces are so adorable. May I have them?
    ;)
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH. These are perfect. :) Bringin' back the memories!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are perfect, Mikailah. you capture life, and your family so well!!! i just love your words too. you are a talented writer. =)

    -ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.

    I saw a comment you left on Kyla Makay's blog... months ago about doing a blog design. I was wondering if you would be willing to do that for me? or if you knew anyone who could? It would have to be for free...

    email me at aleggett95@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥