8.14.2013

forgotten frames / July

In case you hadn't noticed, it's been a little quiet around here, due to a trip to visit my sisters. I have a whole bunch of pictures to share of my little adventure, but for now, here are a few of the forgotten frames of July. And can it really be August already? It sure seems like this year is going out faster than it came in; rather like the tide, I suppose.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
one blue skies kissed with a smattering of storm clouds. stormy skies are my favorite, and lately they have held more than an inch-and-a-half of rain in less than two days. lovely.
two painting projects that leave us with a different view in our home, faces sprinkled with white paint freckles, and new 'highlights' in our hair that we neglected to pull back.
three baby mules that we just have to take pictures of, even if it means pulling over on the side of the road, and crouching in a mud puddle. man, are they cuh-yute.
four orange, red, yellow, brown. all dancing together in a glowing dance as we play music around the fire pit with it's crunching and shifting rocks that we stand on with unsure feet. (more than once, we've almost fallen into the fire. oops.)
five puddles in the backyard, still creating rings as rain drops pitter-patter when we waded into it, splashing and feeling the tiny heart leaves tickle our toes. you're never too old to go puddle jumping.
six lily leaves that hold onto the water-drops from an early morning watering. slowly, slowly, the orbs slide down and disappear into the dirt.
seven daisies soaking up the sun at noon, while the light reflects off the flat rocks surrounding their tender leaves. daisies are such happy flowers.

(and since I'm French,)
au revoir!

12 comments:

  1. I especially liked three and seven. Beautiful pics!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Your writing and photography is just SO good! Every time I read your posts, and see your pictures I am blown away. This is amazing, Mikailah! =) Incredible.

    -alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second and last frame! So neat black and white! This is all so good.
    Au revoir back- because I'm a born and bred Cajun, cher.
    :)
    -gabby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Sometimes I don't know what to say anymore. I just look at your pictures & read your writing and sigh in frustration.
    Just kidding. ;) Your talents are such a blessing, and SOO AMAZING. Thanks again for sharing them with us. :) I love your posts, & your comments on my blog absolutely make my day! :D Love ya much!
    ~Lil~

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are amazing! love them, mikailah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are fantastic, mik. love the 6th one especially, the contrast is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these photos, they are so sweet and summer-drenched. I agree with you this year is just flying by. I can't believe we are in August already. Mid-August at that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such lovely photo captures! i'm so glad august is here, it seems to be going by so quickly though!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what font do you use for your post title? I've been trying to figure that out for a long time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! You are very talented :)
    ~Brianna
    dancingintherain-brianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little details you've captured in each of these images... Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥