9.02.2013

au revoir, l'été.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled I think I'm resigned to the fact that summer is over. I'll miss it, but I'm ready to move on to the next season of my life. My heart is ambivalent; ready for new experiences, but it still clings to the present. Already the fall winds are rustling the leaves on the trees, and blowing our cheeks cherry red, while the yellow flowers rustle and wave in irresolute beauty. The breeze feels alien, after a summer of shimmering heat waves, and it doesn't seem to know whether to blow hot our cold. Good seems to casual a word to use, but this summer has been good. The whole atmosphere seems different this year; perhaps I'm only imagining it, or maybe everyone feels this way the older they get. 

Summer started out away from home, in our little cabin in Ohio. We planted a garden, and have picked so many delicious squashes and (homegrown) tomatoes. I wrote about a trip to a graveyard, and took multiple trips to see my sisters, and their kiddos. I got my licence, and passed my dad up in height. I wrote a few short stories (1) (2), and Lightroom 4 has finally broken out of the box, and been put to use. Summer is suppose to hold many exciting things, but sometimes I think it is the anticipation that makes summer so special. And it was.

Goodbye, summer. Fall's gonna be good, too.

20 comments:

  1. ah summer. It was good. I am excited for fall, though!

    YOUR PICTURES. those first two, SO good. You are good. Did you edit these with the Lightroom? wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Kelsie! yes, i did edit them with LR. i'm in love. ;) thanks, girl! <3

      Delete
  2. these are actually my favourite photos by you. don't quit this. you're good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! this is so beautiful. and those first two left me speechless...and you, m'dear, are SO pretty. it's unreal. ;) really need to chat soon. love ya to the moon and back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so lovely! and your edits are great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this so much. Your pictures are stunning! And I'm so excited for fall...it is going to be good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some of your best work ever and they make me really excited to see where you're going with this art. The first two are amazing and I love the black and white of the woman (your... mom?) Man, good stuff, young lady. You're going far places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so so beautiful!! and the lighting, gosh. xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word! Your photography is amazing and that shot with the rain or mist over the mountains...beautiful!
    What do you use to edit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. these pictures are liiiike to die for. can this even be real. those first few--HOW. and the way you capture people. dang girl. go get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my word, mik, i love these so much! <333

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful, Mikailah. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH.my.gosh, Mikailah! These pictures are so gorgeous...some of your best work ever, I'd say. =D And your writing paints such a picture. Beautiful. Stunning. Yup.

    -ali

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous, gorgeous set of photos. and I love the French. avez une belle journée. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each time I think your photos can't get any better -- each time, they exceed my expectations! Wow, today's pictures are amazing!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are amazing pictures. best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! These are beautiful! I love, love, love the first two. You're a wonderful photographer. The first one just absolutely blew me away! How do you do it??!! <3 your blog so much, sometimes it just makes my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Someone got LIGHTROOM! Congratulations missy! So happy for you :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, to be honest when I saw the first picture as a preview for the post I thought it was a picture off Pintrest that you had posted with a story.
    But when I realized that you had taken it yourself.....my mouth fell open (yeah, it really did) and I said "wow. WOW."
    And I am still saying it.
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gah......the comments above are right; you've turned these photos into ART, they aren't just snapshots! =)
    These are incredible, especially the first! Was it raining? I'm really glad you share these beautiful moments God sends your way. =)

    Blessings,

    Xx ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥