9.23.2013

camping trip: part III

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Night in the mountains is beautiful. The air is cool, like a walk through a rainstorm, and smells of pine needles and wood smoke and forgotten memories. The wind blew our fingers cold, and our cheeks red, as it fanned the coals of the fire into flames. We walked by the lake, sat in olive green lawn chairs, and roasted marshmallows as the stars shone through the trees, and the birds sung themselves to sleep. And we listened; noiseless, except for the gentle plucking of guitar strings, that created a harmony to the musical melody of almost silent night life, brimming with life, and vigor, that was as electric as it was hushed.
Part I
Part II

11 comments:

  1. The lake pictures...and the night sky?! My goodness... SO gorgeous. And your description of the evening? Ah, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Mikialiah! The starry ones are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, take me to that land, where the mountains climb, where the waters are pure, and where there are stars in the sky! {Seriously, those stars BLOW ME AWAY! My little brother came walking in, and upon seeing that picture, asks, "Is that the same sky we see? What are those?" I guess our humid climate tends to conceal this amazing beauty. If I were there, I'd probably find a soft piece of ground, an old quilt, and just stare at the stars all night long. oh me. :)
    Lovely, dear...
    *hugs*
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, oh my. These photos look like should be in a nature/outdoors magazine. Especially the first two and last two. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I love your photos. I never, never seen mountains. There are no mountains in my country and thats the reason I love this blog. Beautiful nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah, woah. these are so so good. (okay, i really should stop repeating myself) but, really. THESE ARE AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so magnificent. It just, ug, makes me want to forget all this treacherous school and go on an adventure. Next time y'all go, call me up and whisk me away, 'kay?
    *hugs*
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mikailah, I have SO enjoyed this camping trip series you've done; I mean, you got the sunny-heres-the-mountains-and-trees, around the campfire and then this one, a quiet moment down by the lake. I loooooooove the color palette of these: Deep blues and subtle emerald greens....and the twinkling stars.
    =)

    xx `Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photography is so beautiful! love it so much<3
    xoxo
    music-andlittlemoments.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures...ahhhh! So wonderful, especially the one of the star filled night

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥