9.17.2013

county fair & a list.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled The fair is such a happy place; happy is the only word I can think of that describes it. It's lit by lights, filled with laughter, brimming with smiles, and smells of oil, sugar, lemons and dust. People walk by, children hanging on their arms, straining towards the cotton candy and rides, smiles on their faces, money handed out by generous fingers. The fair is full of everything. Sounds, sights, smells, feelings, people. And when I finally leave, so is my heart.

SMELLING:
popcorn and the unmistakable scent of oil
cotton candy
dust raised by many feet
hay, mud and many animal smells

HEARING:
laughter
bells clanging, rides clattering, and excited screams
fans blowing, microphone's feedback, test songs
feet shuffling, smiles in voices of strangers, and the dry swish of paper plates
pleading, laughing, crying, begging, urging, wishing
fair music, dogs barking, animals protesting

SEEING:
lights whirling, people moving endlessly
dust melting into the blue sky, raised by traffic
lines of cars, lines of people, lines on paper
footprints, fingerprints
vendors, strangers, friends, family
greasy fingers, grass stained jeans, cowboy boots
smudges on small faces, sweat on faces exposed to the relentless sun

FEELING:
a blister from my dress shoes, the sun hot on my shoulders
concrete beneath my feet (when I discard before said shoes)
a breeze on my face, a hug around my neck that stayed in my heart
nervous, then relieved after singing my family
exhilarated after riding 'the zipper' with daddy
tired, excited, happy, ready to sit down
(and later)
ready for a 24 hour night of sleep

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Those pics look amazing! Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really fun!! :) I hope I can go to a fair sometime! :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, these are lovely. I wanna go to the fair soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy indeed. this all just screams uber happiness- the photos, the lists, everything.
    I've personally decided that the county fair is my favorite part of summer. (well, I honestly don't like summer, so it's the one thing I look forward too all year. :D)
    these shots are so so good, mikailah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Yet another fair post! I've never been to one before but thanks to these descriptive words and stills I've got a pretty good idea!

    And ya know, I even imagined each sound as I read it, and it was seriously almost as if I were there! =D

    Xx ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh beautiful stuff you captured <3

    i've nominated you for the versatile blogger award here: http://a-flyleaf.blogspot.sg/2013/09/blog-award-and-cool-stuff-like-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, how in the world did you get such beautifully crisp pictures at night? They are amazing! Your work, dear, is so so so good. I've really been enjoying seeing it develope :)

    Love you!
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love these, especially the one with the Ferris wheel at night. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    http://orangeclosetdoors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥