2.28.2014

february blossoms

untitled untitled untitled untitled

today, the sun is having an argument with the clouds, trying to determine whether it should accept it's shrouded fate, or fight back and illuminate the dusty earth. right now, the sun is winning, as it usually does. wait a moment, and it will be gone again. there are patches of mud in the back yard, caked on the bottom of my boots, and settling on the rugs on the porch - someone has been watering. last night, Mum looked out the back window, and saw blossoms on the apricot tree. it's awfully early, and i'm hoping the rest of the buds will stay closed until later, as we are expecting some cold weather this week. but for now, i'm basking in the sun, relishing the feel of dirt between my toes and smelling the February blossoms. //

untitled untitled untitled untitled

9 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me excited for spring, I love seeing blossoms on the trees. Such lovely pictures, Mikailah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, those Apricot blossoms are early! Spring will be delayed here yet again by expected snow and maybe ice! (Not that I'm complaining at all! ;D) The contrast between the red and white of the blossoms is exceedingly pretty though...I especially like no. 3 and 5. and no.7. That picture captures what I've done so many times, that if the hose were only green, it could've easily been taken in my yard! (I seriously almost did a double take! ;))

    Lovely as usual. <3

    `Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty. lovely pictures. looking at them really put a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm so jealous. we're still buried in snow here. Lovely pictures, Mikailah!
    xx. Megan
    megankristineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are seriously good, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos...we're going on fall now, where I live. :)
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup yup. You have officially made me long for spring....I can't wait.
    I love the colors here.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are a-mazing photos. simply lovely.

    okay, I hate bugging you so much about my silly sidebar, but I have one more question. it seems I can't find my sidebar widget in my html section. okay, I'm done. I'm so sorry to bug you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Your pictures are extremely beautiful, I am so amazed! :) I love your blog so much, and this post is so awesome... I am so going to follow your blog, and please will you check out mine! http://gracequita.blogspot.com/
    Grace xxx ♥ ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥